Thursday, September 20, 2012

On the road again

The ring was still too wet to ride in today, but the sun was a-shining so Martin, Katie, Rodrigo, Alice and myself took the horses out in sets on the roads for a leg stretcher.  Now, the roads here aren't exactly smooth and manicured; they have their fair share of potholes, mud and feral dog packs to contend with.  It was a bit of a mind-blower for a polo kid like me, used to smooth fields where the biggest obstacle in your path is a divot.  And even then, the reaction is usually along the lines of "Good Lord, look at that divot! Somebody stomp it, quick!"  Luckily for me, the Rancho Pampa horses were much more accustomed to the neighborhood roads and clambered round the puddles and up the side trails with much agility.  I rode Silene, Mauro and Herodes. 

After the horses had been hacked, we did the usual dusting-up, rotating round the walker and wipe-down of the used tack.  Alice made a great ravioli lunch and the afternoon was filled with painting some more jump fill.  I feel that I am starting to show true promise as a painter, so I'll add that to my list of backup plans should Electrical Engineering prove not quite my thing...



A pic from the artistic port we visited last Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment