Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pre-practice Pondering


Hmm, what a day thus far! It's been cooking in the Nanosystems lab today-- we're sputtering some metal contacts, three layer films so it's a bit of a puzzle to figure out the proper carousel order and what not so that everything gets deposited in the right order... fingers crossed I did it correctly... we also mixed up another batch of etchant, since odd, baffling chemistry-effects keep messing up our solution! Do I understand these chemistry effects, you ask? Absolutely not! 

In other news, I have polo practice tonight, which I'm quite excited about. I felt like I had a good game on Sunday, but nothing really came of it! I'd like to score some goals before I leave for Argentina, to get a little confidence boost. I can't believe that in two weeks I'll be in Buenos Aires... when I think of it I get a little knock-kneed, so best to concentrate on the formalities for now! I still have a week and a half of work to get through, which involves compiling our findings from over the past two months and hopefully (hopefully!!) finding a perfectly Ohmic and agreeable metal contact to GaN. Fingers crossed... 

Canelo's family left this morning to return to Mexico. It's always sad to see them go, and I'm hoping that they'll be back next year. It's so bizarre to think that there's really only three weeks left in polo season. Where does the time go? Seriously. Last week it was early April and I was lunging Haajes in the pasture... and suddenly it's the end of August and there's a nip in the air in the mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment